Last post:
Re: Advertise on NaijaCities App by Adawebs

𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐎𝐌𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐓

Started by Bravebold,

Previous topic - Next topic
The first post content
𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐎𝐌𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒

Oshiomhole.jpg

Forty eight hours after alleging that Senators and members of the House of Representatives in the 9th National Assembly, looted items and equipments in their various offices, Senator Adams Oshiomhole (APC Edo North), made u- turn with apology to Senators.

Oshiomhole had at Politics Today program on Channels Television on Sunday, alleged that Senators and House of Representatives members of the 9th National Assembly, carted away items in their various offices, including rugs.

"I can't understand why and how a senate that sat on Sunday before we were inaugurated on the following Tuesday, and that level of vandalisation took place, and we have hundreds of security men and women in the National Assembly.

"In spite of the presence of security men and women, television sets, carpets and chairs were looted by the immediate past senators and House of Representatives members," he had alleged.

But when taken up by some of the Senators who served in the 9th National Assembly, Oshiomhole denied accusing Senators and members of House of Representatives for the alleged looting.

He after intensed pressure apologised to Senators who felt offended by his remarks during the television programme.

Trouble came for Oshiomhole during plenary on Tuesday when Senator Solomon Adeola (APC Ogun West), through point of order, drew attention of the Senate to Oshiomhole's wide allegation.

Senator Adeola in his submission, said Oshiomhole breached his privilege by the wide allegation and consequently called on him, to apologise to the Senate for saying senators looted their offices.

"Mr President, my privilege and those of other Senators who served in the 9th National Assembly, has been breached by Senator Oshiomhole who alleged that we looted items and equipment in our offices before the inauguration of the 10th National Assembly.

"Senator Oshiomhole should be made to apologise to us," he said.

Senator Adamu Aliero (PDP – Kebbi Central), supported Senator Adeola 's submission by also calling for apology from Oshiomhole.

Damage control measure taken by the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume (APC Borno South) to drag the matter into closed door session, failed as Senators insisted that the matter must be deliberated upon in plenary.

At this point, Senate President Godswill Akpabio called on Oshiomhole to approach chair.

After a brief talk with Oshiomhole, Akpabio called on Oshiomhole to state his own side of the matter.

Oshiomhole, in his submission apologised for his comment, saying he defended the Senate during his television interview under reference rather than indicting Senators of the 9th Senate of looting their offices.

"Mr President, I didn't at the said interview, allege that Senators and members of the House of Representatives of the 9th National Assembly, looted their offices but said I, and many of the other federal lawmakers in the 10th Assembly, met empty and vandalised offices.

"However, if my remarks at the interview, offended my colleagues who served in the 9th Senate, I apologise," he said.

Link

Bravebold

𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐎𝐌𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒

Oshiomhole.jpg

Forty eight hours after alleging that Senators and members of the House of Representatives in the 9th National Assembly, looted items and equipments in their various offices, Senator Adams Oshiomhole (APC Edo North), made u- turn with apology to Senators.

Oshiomhole had at Politics Today program on Channels Television on Sunday, alleged that Senators and House of Representatives members of the 9th National Assembly, carted away items in their various offices, including rugs.

"I can't understand why and how a senate that sat on Sunday before we were inaugurated on the following Tuesday, and that level of vandalisation took place, and we have hundreds of security men and women in the National Assembly.

"In spite of the presence of security men and women, television sets, carpets and chairs were looted by the immediate past senators and House of Representatives members," he had alleged.

But when taken up by some of the Senators who served in the 9th National Assembly, Oshiomhole denied accusing Senators and members of House of Representatives for the alleged looting.

He after intensed pressure apologised to Senators who felt offended by his remarks during the television programme.

Trouble came for Oshiomhole during plenary on Tuesday when Senator Solomon Adeola (APC Ogun West), through point of order, drew attention of the Senate to Oshiomhole's wide allegation.

Senator Adeola in his submission, said Oshiomhole breached his privilege by the wide allegation and consequently called on him, to apologise to the Senate for saying senators looted their offices.

"Mr President, my privilege and those of other Senators who served in the 9th National Assembly, has been breached by Senator Oshiomhole who alleged that we looted items and equipment in our offices before the inauguration of the 10th National Assembly.

"Senator Oshiomhole should be made to apologise to us," he said.

Senator Adamu Aliero (PDP – Kebbi Central), supported Senator Adeola 's submission by also calling for apology from Oshiomhole.

Damage control measure taken by the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume (APC Borno South) to drag the matter into closed door session, failed as Senators insisted that the matter must be deliberated upon in plenary.

At this point, Senate President Godswill Akpabio called on Oshiomhole to approach chair.

After a brief talk with Oshiomhole, Akpabio called on Oshiomhole to state his own side of the matter.

Oshiomhole, in his submission apologised for his comment, saying he defended the Senate during his television interview under reference rather than indicting Senators of the 9th Senate of looting their offices.

"Mr President, I didn't at the said interview, allege that Senators and members of the House of Representatives of the 9th National Assembly, looted their offices but said I, and many of the other federal lawmakers in the 10th Assembly, met empty and vandalised offices.

"However, if my remarks at the interview, offended my colleagues who served in the 9th Senate, I apologise," he said.
  •  

🡱 🡳